Billing and Payments

Your APS Account Specialist can assist you with making a payment, setting up a payment plan, and requesting a refund (if eligible). Student's may also make payments or view their accounts online by logging into Empower Web.

At SDCC, the following methods of payment are acceptable:

  • Cash
  • Check, Cashier’s Check, or Money order (please write student’s name and ID number on the memo line)
  • Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express)

Financial Aid

To receive financial aid, Adult Professional Studies (APS) students are required to complete a FAFSA. This can be done on-line at APS students must be enrolled in at least 6 units per semester in order to be eligible for aid from the FAFSA or state.

By filing the FAFSA, APS students may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG Grant, the Cal Grant (if the FAFSA was filed before March 2nd and a GPA Verification form submitted), and Stafford loans. APS students are eligible for Federal and State aid, plus any outside scholarships. Due to discounted tuition costs, institutional aid is not offered to APS students.

Education Loans

SDCC participates solely in the Federal Direct Loan Program. This program provides students and parents the most efficient customer service and benefits. Please see the links below for a list of Frequently Asked Questions and for Steps to Apply.