Adjunct Instructor for Leadership & Justice
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God.
San Diego Christian is seeking to develop a pool of part-time/adjunct faculty to deliver courses across the Leadership and Justice Program that combine academic rigor, practical experience, and ethical foundations.
Leadership and Justice Program Overview:
The Leadership and Justice degree was developed by leaders in national security, law enforcement, advocacy, intelligence, risk management and the military. Each course was designed to meet the educational needs which are critical to the exercise of ethical leadership in these career fields. The degree program in Leadership and Justice is structured to focus on three concentrations: criminal justice, political science, and homeland security.
“Homeland security, criminal justice, and political science communities are increasingly vital within our contemporary society. In SDC’s unique Leadership and Justice program, students closely engage with faculty who integrate academic rigor, contemporary research, and their own justice leadership experiences through an active classroom environment. Our Leadership and Justice faculty desire to produce remarkable spiritual leaders to serve the world for Christ across some of today’s most critical, challenging environments.” – Dr. Rick Roof, Faculty Lead of the Leadership and Justice Program.
- Master’s degree in Leadership or any of the Leadership & Justice program fields of emphasis (political science, homeland security, or criminal justice) or PhD with 18 hours of relevant coursework.
- Preferred three to five years teaching experience at the undergraduate level, with specific experience in teaching both lower and upper division courses, and with the ability to integrate and relate biblical principles with course content.
- Skill and experience teaching in traditional classrooms while integrating a LMS.
- Preferred ability and experience developing course syllabus, content, and textbook selection.
- Must be able to communicate well in both oral and written forms.
- A strong ministry orientation with interest in mentoring students both academically and spiritually.
- Commitment to the doctrinal position, Community Covenant and teaching philosophy of San Diego Christian College.
How to Apply
(If the PDF application will not open in your browser, right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Submit your resume with references.
Email the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject field being, “Adjunct Instructor for Leadership & Justice.”