Department Number & Name: 100
Direct Supervisor: Executive Assistant to the President
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God.
This is an important and highly visible customer-service position at our college. The person in this position is often the first person to greet or speak with new students and visitors who call on our campus and must be able to represent the college in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
Objectives and Responsibilities
Administrative Coordinator is responsible to greet campus visitors, answer incoming calls, take phone messages and distribute messages to staff members while managing the campus administration office front desk and performing other administrative tasks.
This critical position requires a pleasant and energetic demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills and professional phone manners and the ability to organize and prioritize tasks and pay attention to details in a fast-paced office.
Academically Equipped: educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.1a. Enhance learning through technologies and methodologies, both in the classroom and support of research.
- Manage and create digital signage throughout campus.
Biblical Worldview: committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- Establish learning relationships with faculty, staff, students, other campus constituents and external stakeholders.
- Assist Executive Office and manage the campus wide master calendar through website program to stay current of event happenings on and off campus.
Culturally & Globally Involved: inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
- Create infrastructures that will support faculty, staff and student to advance local and global involvement.
- Create and establish standard operating procedures to increase efficiencies and infrastructures to inform organization of all activities.
- Frequent communication with all departments to generate weekly email communicating activities.
- Update weekly announcements posted on TV monitors.
- Research, develop and write current and relevant SDC stories for the weekly President’s Press email to internal/external constituents
- Develop and promote cultural diversity on and off campus.
- Personal and professional development in servant leadership for the overall success of the position and institution.
- Connect with external partners to advance educational and service opportunities.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all incoming callers and on-site guests, connecting them to the proper departments to promote successful external relationships.
- Distribute incoming mail and monitor outgoing mail process as needed.
- Assist with processing office supply orders for Executive Offices.
- Assist with targeted mailings.
- Prepare documents and packages for ongoing meetings and orientations as necessary.
- Lync phone systems
- Microsoft Office Suite programs
- SpinetiX digital signage program preferred but not required
- EMMA software preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Multi-task with competing priorities
- Interact with a diverse community with a positive and professional attitude
- Learn quickly with minimal direction
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain a servant leader mindset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Highly professional telephone communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
If the PDF application will not open in your browser: right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Mac users: completed applications typed on Macs typically come through blank. Please consider printing and scanning the completed application.
Please submit your resume with references, the application and Community Covenant via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject field listed as “Administrative Coordinator”.