APS FINANCIAL SERVICES SPECIALIST
Division: Enrollment Services
Department: Financial Aid
Department Number: 212
Direct Supervisor: Director of Financial Aid
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God. The Adult Professional Studies (APS) Financial Services Specialist will contribute to a team effort of providing quality service while administering Non-Term financial aid and billing operations that support the online and onsite APS degree programs.
Objectives and Responsibilities
The APS Financial Services Specialist will review and analyze financial aid applications and documents for each disbursement cycle to determine the type, amount and timing of financial aid available to APS students, and to set up student payment plans.
The work performed will support the Strategic Initiatives of SDC
Academically Equipped: educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
- This position will create and sustain systems for tracking and communicating non-term cycles
- This position will develop communication strategies, services, and educational opportunities in order to support the student enrollment and retention initiatives for the college
Biblical Worldview: committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- This position will advance a learning experience with personal responsibility that emphasizes godly character and servant leadership as it relates to the student account and financial obligations
- This position will communicate and model these responsibilities through a collaborative, Christ-centered campus environment while developing learning relationships with students and other necessary stakeholders in the financial services process
Culturally & Globally Involved: inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
- This position will facilitate, communicate, and encourage an involvement with the diverse needs represented by students and staff as it relates to financial services
- This position will seek to obtain resources that advance educational and service opportunities to support cultural understanding of the financial services for students. In order to support these objectives and responsibilities the following is a listing of the required duties needed to be completed regularly:
- Provide general Financial Aid and Billing information to student inquiries
- Track aid and communicate awards for Non-Term students
- Track aid and communicate awards for specialized programs (Teacher Credential, Master of Arts in Teaching, Masters of Science in Leadership)
- Communicate with students consistently to obtain required documents for awarding, file completion, and payment options
- Review all documents for accuracy and completion and make or require corrections as necessary
- Provide timely communication and detailed, clear correspondence with all parties involved in Financial Aid process and Student Payment Plans
- Enhance daily office operations as fitting for continual improvement in efficiency of time and resources and effectiveness of procedures.
- Identify adjustments to disbursements as necessary and forward them to the Financial Aid Processing Team in a timely manner.
- Report on status of monthly APS cohorts
- Default management efforts (contacting delinquent borrowers, promoting financial literacy, etc.)
- Process Payment Plan options for follow-up by Student Accounts
- Assist in traditional undergraduate events and initiatives
- Assist in audit preparation and other special projects as requested by the Director of Financial Aid
- Assist in Student Account audits as requested by the Student Accounts staff
- Participate in formal training opportunities (seminars/workshops) as recommended by the Director of Financial Aid or Student Accounts and be an active participant in continuous self-training by utilizing written materials and professional contacts to stay current of regulations.
- Doctrinal compatibility
- Committed Christian faith which is evident in daily life
- Support for the servant leadership philosophy of the College and the integration into the work environment
- Computers –Microsoft Word Package
- Database systems
- Higher Ed (preferred)
- Telephone systems and Office equipment
- Learn the Student Information System (SIS), currently Empower
- Learn financial aid software systems to award and track
- Provide clear and cordial customer service in financial matters
- Manage multiple complex processes and timelines
- Focus on highest priority tasks despite frequent interruptions
Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
If the PDF application will not open in your browser: right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Mac users: completed applications typed on Macs typically come through blank. Please consider printing and scanning the completed application.
Submit your resume with references.
Please email the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject field listed as “APS Financial Services Specialist”.