Department Number & Name: Athletic Training
Direct Supervisor: Head Athletic Trainer
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God.
Athletic Trainers (ATs) are health care professionals who collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions.
The Athletic Trainer will represent San Diego Christian College in a Christ-like and professional manner at all times while furthering the growth of the student-athlete and Athletic Department. The Athletic Trainer is expected to provide leadership necessary to achieve a successful athletic program, ensure compliance to all governing authorities, and establish a strong and positive presence in the athletic training clinic and among the student athletes.
Objectives and Responsibilities
Academically Equipped: educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
- Supervise, educate, and mentor selected Kinesiology Major Students in the Athletic Training Clinic and on location.
- Support academic achievement with student athletes.
- Assist with implementation of modern technology for injury tracking and documentation.
- Educate student athletes through prevention, acute care and rehabilitation.
- Facilitate critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills amongst athletic training and athletic department staffs.
- Represent SDC while procuring continuing education requirements for certification maintenance.
Biblical Worldview: committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- Impact student athletes, staff and community with good sportsmanship.
- Participate in team prayer prior to competitions.
- Physically participate in game health care and operations set up and break down.
Culturally & Globally Involved: inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
- Impact SDC community, visiting student athletes, athletic trainers, coaches, administrators and parents.
- Assist the Athletic Department in creating and maintaining an atmosphere for the student athletes, recruits and community to enjoy.
- Participate in GSAC athletic training meetings as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Board of Certification, Inc. (BOC) Certified
- Certified Athletic Trainer in Good Standing with BOC
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) member
- Possess a National Provider Identifier number
- CPR/AED Certified
- Be willing to procure a Class B driver’s license
HOW TO APPLY
If the PDF application will not open in your browser: right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Mac users: completed applications typed on Macs typically come through blank. Please consider printing and scanning the completed application.
Please submit your resume with references, the application and Community Covenant via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject field listed as “Athletic Trainer”.