Business Department Faculty
San Diego Christian College is seeking a full-time faculty, who serves as teaching faculty in the Department of Business. The department currently offers a Bachelor’s degree program in Business. The position begins Fall of 2017, but will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
- Earned Doctorate in Business or related field of study.
- Preferred three to five years teaching experience at the undergraduate level, with specific experience in teaching both lower and upper division courses.
- Experience with program development would be helpful.
- Experience with curriculum development in both traditional and nontraditional formats, with the ability to integrate and relate biblical principles with business course content.
- Skill in working with people including the ability to relate to students, faculty and other staff on both a professional and social level.
- Must be able to communicate well in both oral and written forms.
- A strong ministry orientation with interest in mentoring students both academically and spiritually.
- Commitment to the doctrinal position and teaching philosophy of San Diego Christian College, including a creationist view of origins.
- Evidence of those biblical characteristics associated with spiritual maturity and obedience to God’s Holy Word.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a schedule of classes commensurate to approximately 12 units per semester (four traditional courses).
- May be assigned online or adult courses as part of the load.
- Participate in normal administrative duties of faculty members, including but not limited to participation in institutional committees, the Faculty Forum, registration activities, and preparation of course materials and syllabi.
- If Chair, assist in recruitment of department faculty and majors and provide both academic and spiritual counsel to students electing to major in Business at SDC.
- Willingness to lead and be involved with department sponsored extra-curricular activities.
How to Apply
(If the PDF application will not open in your browser, right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Submit your resume with references.
Email the above information to email@example.com with the subject field being, “Business Department Faculty.”