Campus Life Manager
Department Number & Name: Student Life 105
Direct Supervisor: Director of Student Life
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and Godly character to serve God.
The Campus Life Manager fulfills this institutional goal by developing and sustaining an outstanding and dynamic community and social life for the entire student body which promotes healthy relationships, a Christ-centered approach to fun and engagement, along with an intentional and thorough process to integrate and retain first year students into the SDC Community.
This position independently plans and manages all SDC community activities and events throughout the school year, for both new and returning students, provides direct oversight of the ASB and all its functions as well as supervision of the SDC app, diversity promotion, and any other co-curricular programs directly related to Campus Life at SDC.
Objectives and Responsibilities
Academically Equipped: educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
- Creates and deeply engages in an environment that promotes student learning and growth through a highly community-centric and enjoyable events and activities
- Directly manages the ASB of SDC and all its paid and volunteer staff, and plans and coordinates all non-ASB student events and activities; such as Homecoming, Late Night Breakfasts and Awards Night
- Drives SDC’s retention goals through the planning and implementation of New Student Orientation (NSO) and the coordination and assessment of the Alpha Team First-year experience program in both the Fall and Spring semesters, as well as conducting regular student satisfaction assessments
- Supervises the SDC app along with other general communication to ensure events, policies and special announcements are available in an audience-appropriate and timely manner
- Hires, trains and oversees student workers to assist in the follow through of required duties as necessary to accomplish departmental goals
- Provides institutional leadership through representation on the Events, Retention and Multi-cultural committees as deemed appropriate
Biblical Worldview: committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- Assists Spiritual Life in planning and implementation of special events; such as the day of prayer and the Truth and Purpose conference
- Using independent judgment, provides overall Christian leadership and support for student leaders engaged in Campus Life planning and execution; especially in regards to training and spiritual support to Alpha Team leaders
- Develops Alpha curriculum and ensures all presenters reflect a strong Biblical worldview and communicate success through a Christ-centered perspective
- Maintains discipleship-minded relationships with students at all times; especially focused on First-Year students and their particular needs
- Works to uphold all school policies in order to foster a Christ-centered community culture in obedience to God’s Word while reflecting the values of the institution
Culturally & Globally Involved: inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
- Serves as the Student Development representative on the SDC Multi-Cultural Committee in order to foster greater awareness of Diversity and cultural inclusivity
- Assists the Service Life Coordinator on large-scale event planning as necessary
- Seeks out intentional partnerships with local community, church and ministry organizations to enhance campus life events and activities when appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in event planning and coordination
- Basic higher education student service standard operating procedures
- Strategic and effective leadership, mentoring and guidance principles
- Proper etiquette and boundaries for living and working with college-aged students
- Independently plan and organize all logistics for large scale events and activities
- Relate with multi-ethnic and diverse student body on a personal and organizational level in order to foster healthy transitions into college life at SDC
- Effectively establish and follow proper budgetary procedures as necessary
- Communicate and exercise interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the community and ministry organizations
- Recruit, train, organize and supervise teams of student workers and volunteer leaders
- Handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines as required
- Work well both independently and in teams to provide excellent customer service
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the student body as a whole while maintaining a generally positive attitude and disposition at all times
- Function efficiently with a Microsoft Windows operating system, (eg. Microsoft Office)
How to Apply
(If the PDF application will not open in your browser, right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Submit your resume with references.
Email the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject field being, “Campus Life Manager.”