Dean of Enrollment Management
Reports to: Vice President, Advancement and Administration
Department: Enrollment Management
Percent of Full-Time: 100%
Position Number: SDC-2017-7-25
San Diego Christian College (SDC), as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God. SDC is a religious, non-profit organization (501c3) registered in the state of California. It is our mission to educate and inspire students through the truth of Scripture and the development of competencies that prepare graduates whose purpose is to impact the world.
In the newly created leadership role, the Dean of Enrollment Management drives critical business results that impact the entire organization. The position will increase enrollment and retention for the college and demonstrate organization-wide impact in key business areas, leading to higher graduation rates. The Dean of Enrollment Management will drive the business results for multiple departments: Admissions, Enrollment Services, Financial Aid, Student Accounts and the office of the Registrar, influencing, enhancing and refining the entire enrollment and student success life cycle. As a Dean and leader at SDC, this position will exemplify servant leadership across the organization.
- Business Leadership for Admissions, Enrollment and Financial Aid (70%)
- Provide primary leadership directly and indirectly through directors in planning, implementing, evaluating functions for all areas. Develop a set of core outcomes for Enrollment Services, Admissions, Financial Aid and the office of the Registrar and measures and tracks annual performance against institutional and self-created, departmental objectives.
- Supervise directors and staff by clearly communicating job expectations, training employees, developing professional growth opportunities, assigning and delegating tasks, providing direction, and resolving work problems.
- Reengineer systems and processes to consolidate and simplify the collaboration and interaction between departments to improve the service to students
- Drive performance management at all levels and administer corrective action as necessary. Ensures staff compliance with college policy, procedures, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Drive new recruitment campaigns to attract students who align with SDC’s mission, vision and values.
- Provide leadership direction to the Financial Aid Director in long-term planning of student assistance programs for financial aid and veterans offices. Assure high quality programs through an effective evaluation process. Integrate financial aid systems and outreach into overall enrollment management strategies. Set up systems to maximize efficiencies of staff utilization through cross-training. Oversee compliance with federal regulations and processes.
- Provide leadership direction to Registrar, Student Records and Student Success Coaches for short-term and long term planning of registration, degree audit, and upgrade improvements to the College’s processes.
- Coordinate with Vice President for Academics and Student Success Coaches in the production of the term schedule of classes. Ensure Registrar and Human Resources receive all relevant data to process enrollments as well as instructor compensation.
- Provide leadership to the development of necessary programs and services designed to assure student access, ease of entry and successful transition into college. Design a tracking and evaluation system to evaluate the progress of students from their recruitment through enrollment. Provide feedback to the Vice President of Academics and other affected campus departments.
- Recommend and participate in the development of policy as necessary to properly implement effective enrollment services and student support programs. Explain, interpret and enforce policy.
- Partner with third party partners to drive recruiting and marketing for maximum effectiveness.
- Identify and recommend solutions to enrollment barriers. Develop recruitment and retention strategies with local high schools, business and industry partners, and other strategic sources. Establish methods to implement initiatives, measure outcomes and monitor progress to achieve enrollment goals.
- Develop strategies and initiatives that contribute to the retention of students using key metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Maintain a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, faculty and the community.
Innovation & Development (15%)
- Design, recommend, and implement a strategic enrollment management plan through research and analysis of enrollment issues, trends, and models.
- Recommend changes as needed to maintain relevance of programs and services to meet student needs.
- Develop strategies based on data-driven decisions to further the vision, mission and core values of SDC.
Administrative Responsibilities (15 %)
- Administer and manage department budgets to include setting priorities for budgets and monitoring and approving budget expenditures.
- Oversee administration of program compliance, academic progress, graduation evaluations, transfer credit evaluations, annual commencement ceremony and related activities.
- Active leadership pertaining to compiling and submitting required federal, state, institutional, and other required reports in area of responsibility.
- Active leader in various institutional committees.
The above summary of duties represents the major functions and tasks, but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks as required due to business necessity.
- Master’s degree in Education, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of Admissions experience and/or 5-10 years experience in Dean-level work in non-profit higher education
- Outstanding entrepreneurial skills.
- Demonstrated track record of innovation.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills; skilled in tactful diplomacy and conflict resolution.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems and find effective solutions.
- Ability to maximize system-thinking to achieve high-impact business results.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive & flexible manner with students, staff, faculty.
- Proven track record of analyzing metrics to achieve data-driven solutions and results.
- Ability to maintain a student-centric focus while driving the business forward.
- Team player that builds and gives mutual trust and respect.
- Strong ability to collaborate.
SDC Employee Expectations:
- Active integration of faith in Jesus Christ in the workplace.
- Adherence to conflict resolution as listed in Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15.
- Regular attendee of a Bible-based church.
- Proactive participation in SDC Strategic Initiatives.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Understanding, agreement and adherence to the SDC Community Covenant.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as outlined in the applicable SDC handbook.
Ability to stand, walk, reach, see, key, hear, work independently, communicate effectively lift and carry up to 20 lbs. (with or without assistance). This position requires long periods of sitting, standing, walking, keying and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor.
Frequent oral communication, reading, writing, calculating, reasoning, analyzing.
If the PDF application will not open in your browser: right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Mac users: completed applications typed on Macs typically come through blank. Please consider printing and scanning the completed application.
Please submit your resume with references, the application and Community Covenant via email to email@example.com with the subject field listed as “Dean of Enrollment Management”.