Eligibility Compliance Officer (ECO)
Division: Student Services
Duration: 11 months
Direct Supervisor: Director of Athletics and Athletic Training
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God.
The ECO will represent San Diego Christian College in a Christ-like and professional manner at all times while furthering the growth of the student-athlete and Athletic Department. The ECO is expected to provide leadership necessary to achieve a successful athletic program, ensure compliance to all governing authorities, and establish a strong and positive presence at the local, regional, and national levels.
Objectives and Responsibilities
Academically Equipped: educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
- Engage communication and interaction with the Faculty Athletic Representative
- Facilitate communication and interaction with VP of Academics
- Work closely with success coaches
- Initiate semester grades checks for eligibility
- Promote the academic accomplishments of student athletes
Biblical Worldview: committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- Support student athletes through individual compliance meetings
- Be an active spiritual support for athletic department staff and student athletes
- Participate in athletic department strategic planning
Culturally & Globally Involved: inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with SDC, GSAC, and NAIA
- Participate in SDC, GSAC and NAIA meetings pertaining to student athletes
- Attend the national NAIA convention
- Take responsibility and action on all student athlete compliance issues
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with athletic administration
- Understand the eligibility regulations for the NAIA and the GSAC
- Demonstrate skills in written, oral and interpersonal communication
- Maintain current CPR/AED certification
- Able and willing to procure a Class B driver’s license
HOW TO APPLY
If the PDF application will not open in your browser: right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Mac users: completed applications typed on Macs typically come through blank. Please consider printing and scanning the completed application.
Please submit your resume with references, the application and Community Covenant via email to email@example.com with the subject field listed as “Eligibility Compliance Officer”.