Head Athletic Trainer
Classification: Full Time
Department Number & Name: Athletics 102
Direct Supervisor: Director of Athletics and Athletic Training
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God.
Athletic Trainers (ATs) are health care professionals who collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions.
The Athletic Trainer will represent San Diego Christian College in a Christ-like and professional manner at all times while furthering the growth of the student-athlete and Athletic Department. The Athletic Trainer is expected to provide leadership necessary to achieve a successful athletic program, ensure compliance to all governing authorities, and establish a strong and positive presence at the local, regional and national levels.
Objectives and Responsibilities
Academically Equipped: educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
- Supervision, education, and mentorship of Kinesiology major students in the Athletic Training Clinic and on location.
Biblical Worldview: committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- Support academic advancement.
- Impact student athletes, coaches and staff for Christ through health care.
- Commitment to SDCC’s mission and purpose
Culturally & Globally Involved: inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
- Interactions and actions with visiting student athletes, coaches, administrators and parents.
- Interactions and actions with our “home” location staff all over the county.
Academic, Certifications and Experience:
- 5 years Certified experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Bachelor’s in Athletic Training. Master’s degree preferred.
- Board of Certification (BOC) Certified and in good standing
- CPR/AED Certified
- Injury Prevention
- Heat Acclimatization
- Environmental Issue Identification
- Weight Management
- Myofascial Techniques
- Prevention Exercises
- Evaluation of Sport Injuries
- Management of Sport Injuries
- Management of Emergency Situations
- Implementation of Emergency Action Plans
- Concussion Identification and Testing
- Various Rehabilitation Techniques
- Return to Activity Protocols
- Appropriate Medical Documentation
- Appropriate Medical Referral
- Orthopedic Equipment Fitting
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning
Abilities and Characteristics:
- Strong but kind leadership
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Budget and supply ordering
- Ability to insurance efficiently
- Demonstrate an active Christian faith by example
- Serve as a Christian role model
HOW TO APPLY
If the PDF application will not open in your browser: right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Mac users: completed applications typed on Macs typically come through blank. Please consider printing and scanning the completed application.
Submit your resume with references.
Please email the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject field listed as “Head Athletic Trainer”.