Head Women’s and Head Men’s Soccer Coach
Classification: Full time
Department Number & Name: Athletics 102
Direct Supervisor: Director of Athletics and Athletic Training
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God. The Head Coach will represent San Diego Christian College in a Christ-like and professional manner at all times while furthering the growth of the student-athlete and Athletic Department.
Objectives and Responsibilities
Academically Equipped: educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
- Implement modern technology for recruitment, game preparation and office management.
- Educate student athletes through sport, life skills, and devotions.
- Facilitate critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills amongst staff and team.
Biblical Worldview: committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- Impact student athletes, staff and community with good sportsmanship.
- Recruit high school seniors and transfer students capable of succeeding at an institution of higher learning, while upholding the 5 core values of the NAIA Champions of Character: Integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship, and servant leadership.
- Coordinate team devotions and participate in weekly chapel on campus.
- Participate in Athletic Department Bible studies as scheduled by the Director of Athletics and Athletic Training.
Culturally & Globally Involved: inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
- Recruit students from community schools and clubs.
- Attend GSAC and NAIA meetings as indicated.
- Facilitate community service.
- Participate and/or encourage students to engage in mission trips available through the campus.
- Assist the Athletic Department in creating and maintaining an atmosphere for the student athletes, recruits and community to enjoy.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred.
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in coaching at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of NAIA compliance and recruitment rules.
- Current CPR/AED certification
HOW TO APPLY
If the PDF application will not open in your browser: right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Mac users: completed applications typed on Macs typically come through blank. Please consider printing and scanning the completed application.
Please submit your resume with references, the application and Community Covenant via email to email@example.com with the subject field listed as “Head Women’s and Head Men’s Soccer Coach”.