Head Women’s Basketball Coach/Athletic Office Manager
Classification: Full time
Department Number & Name: Athletics 102
Direct Supervisor: Director of Athletics and Athletic Training
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God. The Head Coach will represent San Diego Christian College in a Christ-like and professional manner at all times while furthering the growth of the student-athlete and Athletic Department.
Objectives and Responsibilities
Academically Equipped: educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
- Implement modern technology for recruitment, game preparation and office management.
- Educate student athletes through sport, life skills, and devotions.
- Facilitate critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills amongst staff and team
Biblical Worldview: committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- Impact student athletes, staff and community with good sportsmanship.
- Recruit high school seniors and transfer students capable of succeeding at an institution of higher learning, while upholding the 5 core values of the NAIA Champions of Character: Integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship, and servant leadership.
- Coordinate team devotions and participate in weekly chapel on campus.
- Participate in Athletic Department Bible studies as scheduled by the Director of Athletics and Athletic Training.
Culturally & Globally Involved: inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
- Recruit students from community schools and clubs.
- Attend GSAC and NAIA meetings as indicated.
- Facilitate community service.
- Participate and/or encourage students to engage in mission trips available through the campus.
- Assist the Athletic Department in creating and maintaining an atmosphere for the student athletes, recruits and community to enjoy.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred.
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in coaching at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of NAIA compliance and recruitment rules.
- Current CPR/AED certification
HOW TO APPLY
If the PDF application will not open in your browser: right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Mac users: completed applications typed on Macs typically come through blank. Please consider printing and scanning the completed application.
Submit your resume with references.
Please email the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject field listed as “Women’s Basketball Coach”.