Sports Information Director /Operations Coordinator
Division: Student Services
Classification: Full Time
Department Number: 102
Direct Supervisor: Director of Athletics and Athletic Training
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God.
The Sports Information Director will represent San Diego Christian College in a Christ-like and professional manner at all times while furthering the growth of the student-athlete and Athletic Department.
- Academically Equipped: educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
- Biblical Worldview: committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- Culturally & Globally Involved: inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
- Inform the campus community of upcoming athletic events by creating chapel power point slides, newsletter, athletic bulletin board, flyers, announcements, etc.
- Update and maintain record book.
- Coordinate all schedules and facilities through the Director of Athletics and Athletic Training.
- Keep newspapers, GSAC SID and other schools updated on schedule changes.
- Manage the master schedules for all teams.
- Work with head coaches to keep statistics consistent and up to date.
Pre-Event, Athletic Contest
- Sends out a welcome packet to opposing coaches one week prior to contest.
- Fills out all game contracts for intercollegiate athletic contests.
In conjunction with the Assistant Operations Coordinators, hires or assigns tasks to qualified staff, student workers, or volunteers.
- Send appropriate information to opponents before the game (for example: stat crew roster files, rosters, media list, etc.
Periodic Duties, Athletic Contests
- Administer the conduct of all regular season and postseason events, arranging for facilities, score/state keepers, officials, ticketing, ticket takers, concessions, security, half-time and postgame activities, and other elements of quality event management
Oversee the production and approve all home event ticket reports and audits
- Administer all complimentary, team, and special-event ticket requests
- Work with the Director of Athletics and development staff to ensure quality execution of sponsor and donor activities
- Maintain and distribute the master events calendar of the department
- Assign supportive duties to the assistant operations coordinators
- Handle all issues and problems that might arise during athletics events
- Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with department and institutional policies and procedures and adherence to the rules and regulations of athletic governance organizations of which the institution is a member
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all staff, student-athletes, and external constituents through (a) a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, (b) respect for the competencies of others, and (c) appropriate conflict resolution behavior
- Ultimately ensures that staff arrives and are adequately set up to perform duties.
- Assists in meeting the needs of meals for workers if necessary (multiple events worked in one day).
- Provide game programs.
- Set up game camera and ensure recording of all home games.
- Update Cumulative Stats for each sport
- Send copy of stats to
- Our coaches
- Opponent(s) for the week
- Other schools upon request
- Send copy of stats to
Post Home Event, Athletic Contest
- Ensure payment of game staff as needed.
- Complete Attendance Reports
- Ensure completion of ticket revenue and deposits
- Assist in the coordination of required video productions.
- Coordinate with necessary parties to ensure that the take down of the event is properly conducted and in a timely manner.
- Submit box scores/press releases to opponent, conference, and appropriate media outlets.
- Email GSAC SID the score and game files.
- Update athletic web page.
- Update NAIA scoreboard.
- Assist in the making of video copies of the game for coaches.
Periodic Duties, Weekly
- Submit GSAC/NCCAA/NAIA weekly team reports before deadlines each week.
- Write and submit articles for the athletic web site.
- Take pictures (or find avenues to do so) of athletic competition.
- Work with Head Coaches to nominate Player of the Week for each sport by the conference/association deadline.
Periodic Duties, Monthly
- Preseason responsibilities
- Write and send pre-season prospectus to all opponents.
- Email roster, schedule and pre-season prospectus to the newspapers.
- Fax or email roster and schedule to GSAC SID.
- Coordinate with coaches on nominations for GSAC, NCCAA and NAIA All-American and Scholar Athletes before conference or association deadline.
- Postseason responsibilities
- Submit all postseason information to the GSAC, NCCAA and NAIA, as needed or requested.
- Work with head coaches to nominate any student-athlete for postseason honors.
Periodic Duties, Miscellaneous
- Submit all necessary paperwork needed for any and all post-season competition.
- Maintain and improve the SDCC athletic web page.
- Is responsible for all photos needed for each athletic program and the department in general.
- Work closely with the Yearbook department to secure proper athletic photos and stories.
- Serve as liaison with the alumni association
- Over the summer, update record books, historic rosters, update website, and develop a public relations plan for the upcoming school year
- Serve on one committee per school year.
- Attend all department and GSAC meetings.
- Build a working relationship with other SID’s and coaches from other schools and local newspapers.
- When teams qualify for National Tournament send roster, team picture, cumulative stats and miscellaneous information to designated individual.
- Must be a practicing Christian; accept the philosophy of San Diego Christian College.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years of experience in the sports information field.
- Thorough knowledge of GSAC/NAIA/NCCAA regulations, requirements, and reporting systems. Demonstrated skills in written, oral and interpersonal communication.
- Maintain current CPR/AED certification.
- Responsibility– must be able to meet the job duties listed and be responsible for the program.
- Job Knowledge- should have significant expertise in the field with a minimum of two years’ experience verified by resume or recommendations. Ability to stay abreast of current and developing trends (video, voice, data, and computing technologies).
- Mental Demands- must be able to maintain a flow of work under influx of problems; maintain positive attitude in all situations; needs initiative and judgment in handling student-athletes and emerging situations; proficiency in communication skills with students-athletes, parents, alumni, and supporters. Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Physical Demands- must be in good physical condition; requires being able to drive a van.
- Working Conditions- General athletics office; athletic fields, gym, and weight room.
How to Apply
(If the PDF application will not open in your browser, right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Submit your resume with references.
Email the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject field as, “Sports Information Director.”