Visit and Communication Manager
Classification: Full Time
Department Number 121
Direct Supervisor: Director, Admissions
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God.
To advance the overall vision of San Diego Christian College to recruit students who will participate in the academic learning community as described in its mission statement. The Admissions Visit and Communication Manager will ensure the operational integrity of the Office of Admissions by implementing sound practices in an organized and efficient manner in support of the Admissions Director, Admissions Counselors, prospective students and the community of SDC.
This position will take responsibility for the management of daily operations and events of the Admissions department as directed by the Director of Admissions in order to recruit and enroll students who will advance the overall mission and vision of the institution.
Objectives and Responsibilities
The work performed will support the Strategic Initiatives of SDC:
Academically Equipped: educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
- Provide administrative support and organization for the Admissions Office and effective customer service for prospective students and their families. This is inclusive of the following responsibilities:
- Gather and enter admissions data in Empower
- Run reports out of communication management system for Director of Admissions and Admissions Counselors as requested.
- Assist Admissions Counselors and Director of Admissions with tasks and questions as needed.
- Coordinate and respond to Admissions queries through the Admissions inbox daily
- Coordinate eblasts and letter mailings to prospective students
- Enter deposits into Empower database and manage communication of deposits to Student Success Coaches
- Take inventory of general office supplies and stationery, order office supplies as needed
- Manage and maintain online web application database
- Create and/or update procedural manuals for Admissions data entry
- Create and/or update instructional manuals on Admissions event planning and implementation
- Send Director of Admissions bi-weekly statistical reports on student caller data. This includes:
- Average number of calls per hour
- Conversions from prospect to applicant per caller
- Supervise and direct student workers
- Provide reports and proposals for student worker staffing.
- Coordinate hiring, training for new hires, student worker schedules and distribution of tasks.
- Design and implement ongoing training for student callers
- Answer questions from student workers
- Oversee completion of tasks and keep workers accountable to complete them in the manner in which they have been assigned.
- Manage Admissions Student Ambassador Program
- Facilitate communication with ambassadors regarding scheduled visits with prospective students
- Keep track of points earned from interactions with prospective students
- Schedule regular meetings with ambassadors
- Initiate, plan and execute ambassador thank-you events
Biblical Worldview: committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- Edit all marketing materials
- Assist Admissions personnel with campus tours, local fairs and all admissions events as directed by Director of Admissions
- Oversee and implement setup of all individual and group tours as requested by phone, email, request form or drop-in
Culturally & Globally Involved: inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
- Plan, publicize and implement College for a Weekend, Visit Days and Connect Days in their entirety, including but not limited to:
- Creating schedule for the day
- Maintaining communication with registered and inquiring students (sending confirmations, schedule updates and information periodically)
- Maintaining registration spreadsheet
- Coordinating airport pick-ups
- Coordinating rooms assignments
- Coordinating room reservations, faculty/staff panels, meals and activities
- Collaboration with Student Life regarding coordination of activities with ASB
- Creating nametags, meal passes, information folders, snack bags
- Coordinating relevant responsibilities with Director of Admissions, VP, student workers, and Admissions Counselor
- Oversee and Coordinate planning of Dr. Henry Morris Leadership (DHML) days
- Receive applications for DHML
- Invite eligible students to scholarship days
- Meet with current Leadership cohort assist in preparation of Leadership Scholarship Days
- Merge and mail out award letters
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Doctrinal compatibility
- Committed Christian faith which is evident in daily life
- Support for the educational philosophy of the institution
- Entry-level experience in Admissions in a higher education environment
- Effective and current sales techniques
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, including mail merge function for high-volume mailings.
- Experience preparing reports in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Organize events
- Lead teams
- Highly self-motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Positively participate in a team environment
- Learn and use databases/technology
HOW TO APPLY
If the PDF application will not open in your browser: right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Mac users: completed applications typed on Macs typically come through blank. Please consider printing and scanning the completed application.
Please submit your resume with references, the application and Community Covenant via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject field listed as “Visit and Communication Manager”.