Worship Arts Manager
Division: Student Services
Department: Spiritual Life
Classification: Full Time
Department Number: 101
Direct Supervisor: Director of Spiritual Life
San Diego Christian College, as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God.
The Worship Arts Manager exists to serve this mission through the development and oversight of student worship teams which lead the student body in weekly chapel worship while expanding the awareness and admissions goals of SDC through external ministry opportunities. The position also serves the Spiritual Life team through chapel production and creative planning and the SDC community as a whole through oversight of general Audio/Visual production needs.
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Academically Equipped: educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
- This position will recruit and develop student worship leaders and teams through group and individual training, mentorship and empowering leadership opportunities.
- Effectively equip and manage excellent, student-based sound/media production of all SDC activities pertaining to chapel, conferences, performing arts and other academic related events as deemed necessary.
- Biblical Worldview: committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- Partner with the Spiritual Life team to creatively facilitate a worship environment where SDC students are encouraged and challenged to grow in their relationship with Christ through music and the arts; including band preparation, scheduling and song selection, as well as chapel themes, set designs and all creative programming.
- Work to uphold all school policies in order to foster a Christ-centered community culture in obedience to God’s Word while reflecting the values of the institution.
- Culturally & Globally Involved: inspired through partnerships to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
- Develop and manage worship arts Ministry Teams which train and empower SDC students to engage their peers and the external community through worship arts, including recruitment, auditioning, training, and scheduling of ministry opportunities.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with outside churches, youth groups and schools for ministry opportunity partnerships and future student recruitment.
- Plan and coordinate all external ministry opportunities, including the scheduling, trip itineraries, vehicle needs, budget and safety of the students.
- Fully utilize external ministry opportunities to represent the institution’s admissions goals in recruiting new prospective students.
- Implement other recruitment opportunities such as band clinics, summer tours and worship conferences/events.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of worship arts, including music, sound and media production and live performance
- Doctrinal compatibility with SDC’s statement of faith
- Committed Christian faith which is evident in daily life
- Support for the educational philosophy of the institution
- Effective and creative strategies for developing and leading a worship arts program, including understanding of modern and traditional styles of music, competence in multiple instruments and vocal performance, a working knowledge of audio and visual technology, and appropriate rehearsal arrangement and preparation methods.
- Interacting and leading young adult students in a personal, mentoring environment, including proper etiquette and boundaries for living and working with college-aged students.
- Articulate a particular vision and direction for the worship arts ministry at SDC which grows the program through higher recruitment and strong retention.
- Build strong relationships with prospective students and potential ministry partners.
- Communicate and exercise necessary interpersonal, verbal and written skills in leading and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the community.
- Handle multiple tasks, self-motivate and meet deadlines as necessary.
- Proficiently utilize various forms of artistic media, including video editing and visual presentation programs.
- Travel and spend occasional weekends away from home.
How to Apply
(If the PDF application will not open in your browser, right mouse click and ‘save link as’ or’ save target as’ to download the application PDF to your computer)
Submit your resume with references.
Email the above information to email@example.com with the subject field being, “Worship Arts Manager.”