The following must be accomplished before student teaching:
Multiple Subject (MS) or Single Subject (SS)
- SS California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST): Deadline to pass: September 1, 2015
- MS California Subject Examination for Teachers(CSET) writing: Deadline to pass: September 1, 2015
- SS and MS - all required CSET's: Deadline to pass: December 1, 2015
- Sub Permit and Certificate of Clearance Deadline: December 1, 2015
- Successful completion of Block 1 and 2 courses (Block 2 courses require a B- or better to pass)
- MS Candidates must also pass MA 303 Math for Children, ED 312 Science Methods (unless transferred)
The following must be accomplished before applying for a preliminary credential:
- Successful completion of all education courses and prerequisites.
- Successful completion of student teaching with a grade of B- or better.
- The four tasks of the Teacher Performance Assessment (TPA’s) passed with a score of 3 or 4 on each
- Valid Infant Child Adult CPR certification
- Successful passing score for Reading Instruction Competency Assessment (RICA) - MS only