If you have completed 15 college credits after graduating high school, you will be considered a transfer student at San Diego Christian. SDC understands that transferring from one college to another can be an overwhelming task, so the Admissions team is here to assist you in the process. Contact your SDC Transfer Specialist, John Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
San Diego Christian is committed to helping you finish your Bachelor’s degree and will help you transfer in as many units as possible from your previous institution(s). In order to speed up the process, your Transfer Specialist will do an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts before you even apply! See below for details.
- Transcript Evaluation: Admissions will complete an evaluation of your transcripts and inform you of how many completed units will transfer into your program of interest. In order to request this, complete our Transcript Evaluation Form and email a copy of your college transcripts (official or unofficial) to email@example.com.
- SDC Master Schedules: Our master schedules and degree audits provide a full list of classes that are required for your major. View Master Schedules and Degree Audits.
- San Diego Community Colleges: If you’re transferring from a local San Diego Community College, we have articulation agreements that outline which courses are automatically transferrable into SDC. View transferrable courses.
- Non-transferrable Units: Classes in which the student received a grade of C- or below will not transfer. Courses completed at another college for which a corresponding course does not exist at SDC, in some cases, may be transferred in as a general elective. However, if a course description does not align with the content taught in a course at San Diego Christian, it may not transfer. A maximum of 90 college credits may be transferred into a degree program at SDC.
Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit your official application for admission.
- Submit official transcripts. Transcripts are considered official only when sent by an institution in a sealed envelope directly to:
Office of Admissions
San Diego Christian College
200 Riverview Parkway
Santee, California, 92071
- Submit SAT or ACT scores requested through collegeboard.org or actstudent.org. Test score requirement is waived for students that have completed 15 or more units of college credit.
The items listed above do not have to be turned in at the same time. We recommend that you order your transcripts and request your recommendation as soon as possible since those items may take longer to be processed. You will be informed by your admissions counselor each time a piece of your application is received by the Admissions Office.
Please Note: An academic recommendation may be required if the student’s grades are below acceptance requirements.
- The student must be an evangelical believer in the Christian faith.
- The student must have graduated from high school or earned an equivalent degree (GED).
- Minimim High School GPA: 2.75
- Minimum College GPA: 2.5
- Minimum SAT Score: 900 Composite (new version of the SAT) or 1350 Composite (old version of the SAT)*
- Minimum ACT Score: 19 Composite
For 2017 applicants, San Diego Christian will accept both the new SAT and the old SAT. For admission, we will consider the single highest score from your test dates. If you took both versions of the SAT, we will use concordance tables provided by the College Board to compare scores in order to determine the highest composite score.
Questions? Contact Admissions at 1-800-676-2242 or firstname.lastname@example.org