Veteran & Military Programs
San Diego Christian is proud to offer assistance with your veteran education benefits from your dedicated years in the Armed Services. We are a Yellow Ribbon participating school.
SDC has been approved for the educational training of Veterans. Veterans should visit the VA Benefits website at www.gibill.va.gov to inquire about their eligibility for education benefits. Appropriate forms for activating benefits may be obtained from the VA Benefits website above. Program costs to Veterans are consistent with other degree-seeking students. For information on payment rates available for Chapter 30 (Montgomery) or Chapter 35 (DEA) benefits please visit the VA Website. View Chapter 33 (Post-9/11) benefit calculator. View GI Bill Calculator.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Since 2010 SDC has participated in the Yellow Ribbon Program. The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2009. This program allows institutions of higher learning in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate.
Students enrolled in the Traditional Program who receive 100% Post 9/11 and Yellow Ribbon benefits are eligible for certain Institutional Aid programs at SDC.
Am I eligible for the Post 9/11 Yellow Ribbon Program?
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001 of at least 36 months.
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001.
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the criteria listed above.
- Note: This information will be listed on your certificate of eligibility letter that that the Veteran Affairs Office sends you.
What procedures must I complete in order to be eligible for Yellow Ribbon at SDC?Provide a copy of your certificate of eligibility letter from the VA to the Student Financial Services Office. If our office already has your letter on file, you do not need to re-submit it.
What are SDC’s Institutional Policies regarding the Yellow Ribbon Program?
SDC will abide by the federal regulations to report tuition and fees less any SDC institutional discounts and/or federal (non-title IV) and state discounts. The maximum contribution made by SDC’s Yellow Ribbon Institutional Match is $8,000 per academic year.
Students enrolled in the Traditional program at SDC who receive 100% Post 9/11 Yellow Ribbon education benefits are eligible for certain institutional aid programs. These students may receive Athletic Scholarships, the Dr. Henry Morris Leadership Scholarship, and Ministry Team Scholarships. Recipients of these scholarships may have their Yellow Ribbon benefits reduced or they may be able to reserve them for future use.
Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit your official application for admission.
- Submit official transcripts. Transcripts are considered official only when sent by an institution in a sealed envelope directly to:
Office of Admissions
San Diego Christian College
200 Riverview Parkway
Santee, California, 92071
- Submit SAT or ACT scores requested through collegeboard.org or actstudent.org. Test score requirement is waived for students that have completed 24 or more units of college credit.
Please Note: The items listed above do not have to be turned in at the same time. We recommend that you order your transcripts and request your recommendation as soon as possible since those items may take longer to be processed. You will be informed by your admissions counselor each time a piece of your application is received by the Admissions Office.
- The student must be an evangelical believer in the Christian faith.
- The student must have graduated from high school or earned an equivalent degree (GED).
- Minimum High School GPA: 2.75
- Minimum College GPA: 2.5
- Minimum SAT Score: 900 Composite (new version of the SAT) or 1350 Composite (old version of the SAT)*
- Minimum ACT Score: 19 Composite
For 2017 applicants, San Diego Christian will accept both the new SAT and the old SAT. For admission, we will consider the single highest score from your test dates. If you took both versions of the SAT, we will use concordance tables provided by the College Board to compare scores in order to determine the highest composite score.
Questions? Contact Admissions at 1-800-676-2242 or firstname.lastname@example.org