Welcome to San Diego Christian!
Since it's inception in 1970, San Diego Christian College (SDC) has had a diverse student population with many of our students coming from numerous countries around the world! The Admissions Department is here to help International students become acclimated to life not only on SDC’s campus, but also to life in Southern California. We are here to assist you, the student, with issues regarding immigration, the paperwork involved in obtaining a student visa, as well as any questions or concerns that you may have as they pertain to the application process.
We look forward to hearing from you!
STEPS TO APPLY
Once we have all of the documents listed below, we will be able to review your file and notify you of your acceptance status within one week!
1. APPLICATION WITH ESSAYS
§Application available online here.
2. SPIRITUAL LIFE RECOMMENDATION
§Form available online here.
§Must be from Pastor, Youth Pastor, or someone in authority at the church.
3. HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT
§Must be translated into English
§Must have GPA translated into U.S. 4-point US grading scale
§Minimum GPA: 2.75
§NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO USE AN APPROVED COMPANY TO TRANSLATE, CONVERT, AND SEND YOUR
TRANSCRIPT TO SAN DIEGO CHRISTIAN COLLEGE. APPROVED ORGANIZATIONS CAN
4. SAT OR ACT SCORES
§Minimum SAT: 1350 ACT: 19 SAT old version: 900
(test scores are not required if you have completed 15 or more college units.)
5. ANY/ALL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS (Even if not planning to transfer the credits.)
§Minimum GPA 2.5
Translated into English and GPA Converted (if school was not in the United States)
6. ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS (Applicants from countries whose primary language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways to ensure a successful experience at SDC.)
§TOEFL Scores: A recent official test score report with a minimum of 61 on the internet based test, or 500 on the paper based test.
§Completion of 30 transferable academic units from an accredited institution in the US with a GPA of 2.5 or above.
1. SPRING SEMESTER: November 15th
2. FALL SEMESTER: July 1st
REQUIREMENTS FOR I-20 ISSUANCE
1. BANK STATEMENT: Official bank statement showing a student has the financial means to pay for one year of attendance at SDC. The cost of attendance for one year at SDC is approximately $40,000 (including room and board, books, fees, and miscellaneous).
2. AFFIDAVIT OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT (DECLARATION OF FINANCE FORM): Form available here
3. COPY OF PASSPORT (COPY OF VISA AND I-94 ALSO REQUIRED FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS)
4. TRANSFER STUDENTS: IN ORDER FOR YOUR RECORDS TO BE RELEASED FROM SEVIS:
a. Notify your current school’s international department that you will be transferring to San
b. Email me your current school’s international department’s contact information. I will then
send them a copy of your acceptance letter so that they can release your record in SEVIS.
5. NOTE: After acceptance, students must submit their $1,000 tuition deposit before their I-20 will be
processed. In addition, there are no payment plans available to international students.
Therefore, students must have any remaining balances paid up front in full for the year.
1. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS MAY QUALIFY FOR:
§Athletic scholarship (at coach’s discretion)
Frequently Asked Questions