Make the World your Classroom
San Diego Christian offers students unique and life-changing learning opportunities among other cultures as well as here in the U.S. SDC believes these experiences will challenge your thinking, broaden your horizon, and strengthen your faith.
All undergraduate students who are in good standing with SDC and are in their junior or senior years are welcome to study abroad.
How it Works
SDC is affiliated with off-campus programs that host students during their time abroad. The off-campus program sends the student’s transcripts to SDC’s Registrar Office for review, and the grades earned are calculated into the student’s SDC GPA. Program directors review the transcripts and apply grades to the courses as appropriate and award your credit for the equivalent SDC course.
And the Money?
In most cases, off-campus programs cost the same as on-campus tuition, room and board. Students may still qualify for financial aid.
Schedule an appointment to meet with an academic adviser within your major.
As a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) San Diego Christian students are able to consider the following semester and summer programs that provide students with an opportunity to make the world their classroom. Learning opportunities are interdisciplinary and are available to juniors and seniors.
- American Studies Program – www.bestsemester.com/asp
- Australia Studies Centre – www.bestsemester.com/asc
- China Studies Program www.bestsemester.com/csp
- Contemporary Music Center – www.bestsemester.com/cmc
- India Studies Program www.bestsemester.com/isp
- Latin American Studies Program – www.bestsemester.com/lasp
- Los Angeles Film Studies Center www.bestsemester.com/lafsc
- Middle East Studies Program www.bestsemester.com/mesp
- Oxford Summer Program www.bestsemester.com/osp
- Scholars’ Semester in Oxford – www.bestsemester.com/sso
- Uganda Studies Program – www.bestsemester.com/usp
- Washington Journalism Center – www.bestsemester.com/wjc
Veritas Christian Study Abroad
With a mission “to create college-level study abroad programs that combine the distinct pursuits of Christian college educators with the best practices in the field of international education,” the Veritas study programs seek to engage students “academically and actively,” providing opportunities as well for students to connect with churches and ministry organizations in the countries where they are studying.
Course work offered is more general education and is therefore open to sophomores as well as upper division students.
- Valparaiso, Chile – Center for International Missions
- London, England – Center for Interdisciplinary Studies
- Rome, Italy – Center for Historical Studies
- Sevilla, Spain – Center for Religious Studies
Focus Leadership Institute
Established by Focus on the Family, the Focus Leadership Institute provides students with a semester-long experience in Colorado Springs, CO where they will learn about a distinctly Christian approach to leadership in all areas of life.
SDC students who have participated in the institute identify the semester there as a significant turning point in deepening their faith and shaping their future. www.focusleadership.org
Living & Learning International
Spend a semester in Quito, Ecuador studying the culture but also engaging in ministry, missions, and practical internships. SDC graduate Philip Payne heads up the program as part of his ministry with Youth World International.