DHML Leadership Program
Students who are chosen to be a part of the Leadership Program will spend four years in a tight-knit cohort studying key foundational principles of leadership theory and personal development. During their tenure in the program students are expected to put that development into practice through involvement and service on the SDCC campus. DHML students often serve in leadership roles across the campus in positions such as: Resident Assistants, Worship Band Leaders, ASB Executive Officers, and leaders of student groups and organizations. DHML scholars are expected to model servant leadership to each other and the campus both in the classroom and in community life.
Key Dates for November 13, 2017
- October 23, 2017 – Deadline to apply for the DHML Scholarship.
- October 30, 2017 – Selected Students will receive an invitation to DHML Scholarship Day.
- November 6, 2017 – RSVP to Admissions Office.
- November 13, 2017 – DHML Scholarship Day.
- DATE TBA 2017- Students will be notified of their scholarship award
Key Dates for March 23, 2018
- March 2, 2018 – Deadline to apply for the DHML Scholarship.
- March 9, 2018 – Selected students will receive an invitation to DHML Scholarship Day
- March 16, 2018 – RSVP to Admissions Office.
- March 23, 2018 – DHML Scholarship Day.
- DATE TBA 2018 – Students will be notified of the amount of the scholarship award
DHML Scholarship Day
Students who are invited to participate will meet with members of the staff, faculty, and administration of SDCC in order to share their personal leadership experiences, goals for the future, and heart for impacting the world for Christ. They will also participate in group initiatives that demonstrate their leadership style and ability to interact with others.
All students that attend one of the scholarship days will automatically receive a one-time $1,000 scholarship. Students that are selected to be in the program may receive a scholarship of up to 50% tuition (inclusive of $1,000 scholarship), renewable up to 4 years.
In order to apply for the DHML Scholarship you should submit the following forms by the deadline listed below:
- Application for admission to SDC.
- High school transcript showing a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- College transcript, if applicable
- DHML Scholarship application
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA ), SDCC school code: 012031.
Please note: In order to be considered for the DHML Scholarship, a student is not required to be fully accepted before the scholarship deadline. However, the forms listed above, which are part of the application process, must be received.
*Additional forms are required for acceptance to the college. Please visit Admission Forms to download the forms necessary to complete your application.
San Diego Christian College desires to educate and prepare Christian leaders who will make an impact in the world for Christ. The Dr. Henry Morris Leadership (DHML) Scholarship is designed to encourage the development of leadership skills in students who demonstrate potential and who desire to grow in their ability to lead effectively. Prospective students who currently exhibit leadership qualities in the classroom and community are encouraged to apply for the DHML Scholarship.
I would like more information on San Diego Christian College
FOR MORE INFORMATION
There’s nothing we love more than helping people learn about San Diego Christian College. Select a button below to begin the conversation.