As one of the top Southern California Christian Colleges, San Diego Christian College (SDC) exists to educate and inspire students through the truth of Scripture and the development of competencies that prepare graduates whose purpose is to impact the world.
San Diego Christian College (SDC), as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God.
Educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
Biblical Worldview/Godly Character
Committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
Culturally and Globally Involved
Inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
SDC Initiative A: Academically Equipped
Equip an Academic and Learning Community
- Create infrastructures and provide resources for an innovative, learning environment
- Promote a learning organization through research, technologies, and methodologies
- Define educational offerings, retention strategies, and system growth initiatives
SDC Initiative B: Biblical Worldview
Foster a Community Committed to a Biblical Worldview and Godly Character
- Integrate biblical worldview and Godly character development into academic discipline
- Cultivate a collaborative Christ-centered community
- Promote internal and external relationships that reflect a biblical worldview and Godly character
SDC Initiative C: Culturally Involved
Inspire Cultural and Global Involvement
- Develop programs that will advance local and global involvement
- Advance institutional cultural intelligence to facilitate global impact
- Generate external relationships that offer servant leader driven educational opportunities
SDC offers you the opportunity to develop and strengthen your faith within an authentic and genuine Christian community. From praying in class with professors to praising and worshiping at the beach with peers — these are the wonderful memories you will cherish.
The Spiritual Life Department seeks to nurture and develop the students’ faith within a Christian academic environment and prepare them to influence the world through Godly character within a framework of the authority and inerrant of Scripture.
Our mission is to engage students on their spiritual journey and equip them to move forward to deeper maturity in their Christian faith.
We aim to provide opportunities to fellowship, serve and learn in ways that nurture a Biblical worldview and lifestyle. We do this through encouraging students to engage and serve in various ways on campus and in local and global communities.
I WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ON SAN DIEGO CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Centered on the SDC Mission and Vision Enable Students to:
- Obtain a foundational knowledge of the humanities, sciences, and social sciences in a life-long learning framework.
- Specialize in at least one academic discipline with specific career and life applications.
- Demonstrate effective communication and social skills.
- Apply critical thinking skills to scholarly, professional, and personal endeavors.
- Exercise commitment to a lifestyle that identifies God’s preeminent perspective on life based on biblical principles and godly character.
- Interact effectively through cultural and global involvement in preparation for a lifestyle of service.
The day-to-day operations of the College are guided by the Cabinet, made up of the College President and Vice Presidents:
- Paul Ague – President
- Elizabeth Stanton –Vice President for Academics
- Robert Jensen – Vice President for Advancement and Administration
- Steve Chaney – Vice President for Finance and CFO
Board of Trustees
The San Diego Christian College Board is composed of a maximum of twenty-five members. Members are men and women committed to the mission and doctrinal position of the institution. They provide leadership, oversight, and support to the College to ensure fulfillment of its academic mission and purpose.
Chairman of the Board – Phil Sparling
Secretary – Debbie Beyer
Dr. Paul Ague, ex officio
Matthew Krause, J.D.
Dr. Beverly LaHaye
Enrique Sanchez, J.D.
Dr. Robert Zinn
FOR MORE INFORMATION
There’s nothing we love more than helping people learn about San Diego Christian College. Select a button below to begin the conversation.