Combined Credential and Master’s Program for Teaching
I would like more information on San Diego Christian College.
SDC’s Teaching Credential program prepares students for the California State Single and Multiple Subject Preliminary Teaching Credentials and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Teaching Certification. The Master of Arts in Teaching emphasizes research, reflection, and practical application within an educational setting. This program will help to cultivate and nurture educators who seek to effectively communicate in the classroom.
San Diego Christian College believes in aiding students in becoming effective educators. By offering the Teaching Credential in conjunction with the Master’s program, SDC provides students with the opportunity to earn their degree in a way that is flexible, affordable, and convenient.
TC & MAT Program
Block 1: Prerequisites
- Introduction to Education
- Health Education
- U.S. Constitution
- Educational Technology
- Elementary Math, Science, and VAPA courses
Block 2: Teacher Credential Coursework
(Classes in this block may differ depending on the credential being sought)
- Educational Psychology
- Curriculum and Instruction
- (Elementary and Secondary)
- Seminar in Professional Development
- Elementary and Secondary Literacy
- Secondary Teaching Methods
Block 3: Student Teaching
- Student Teaching
- (16-18 weeks of full time clinical classroom placement)
- Seminar in Directed Student Teaching
Block 4: Master of Arts in Teaching
- Ethical Dispositions and Decision-Making in Classroom Leadership
- Community Partnerships in Multicultural Education
- Qualitative Methods in Educational Research
- Seminar – Capstone Project
I WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ON SAN DIEGO CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
FOR MORE INFORMATION
There’s nothing we love more than helping people learn about San Diego Christian College. Select a button below to begin the conversation.