Thank you for your interest in transferring to San Diego Christian College! We look forward to helping you through the application process.
What is a Transfer Student?
If you have completed any college units you will be considered a transfer student at San Diego Christian College. However, students who have completed 24+ college credits prior to attending SDC will be considered differently for Admissions and Financial Aid purposes. SDC understands that transferring from one college to another can be an overwhelming task, so the Admissions team is here to assist you in the process. Contact your SDC Transfer Specialist, Mitchell Varela with any questions.
San Diego Christian is committed to helping you finish your Bachelor’s degree and will help you transfer in as many units as possible from your previous institution(s). In order to speed up the process, your Transfer Specialist will do an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts before you even apply! See below for details.
- Transcript Evaluation:-Admissions will complete an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts and give you an estimate of how many completed units will transfer into your program of interest. In order to request this, complete our Transcript Evaluation Form. Once accepted, a finalized official transcript evaluation that includes any updated coursework will be sent to the student.
- SDC Master Schedules: Our master schedules and degree audits provide a full list of classes that are required for your major. View Master Schedules and Degree Audits.
- San Diego Community Colleges: If you’re transferring from a local San Diego Community College, we have articulation agreements that outline which courses are automatically transferable into SDC. View transferable courses.
- Non-transferrable Units: Classes in which the student received a grade of C- or below will not transfer. Courses completed at another college for which a corresponding course does not exist at SDC, in some cases, may be transferred in as a general elective. However, if a course description does not align with the content taught in a course at San Diego Christian, it may not transfer. A maximum of 90 college credits may be transferred into a degree program at SDC.
Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit your official application for admission.
- Submit official transcripts. Transcripts are considered official only when sent by an institution in a sealed envelope directly to:
Office of Admissions
San Diego Christian College
200 Riverview Parkway
Santee, California, 92071
- Submit SAT or ACT scores requested through collegeboard.org or actstudent.org. Test score requirement is waived for students that have completed 24 or more units of college credit.
The items listed above do not have to be turned in at the same time. We recommend that you order your transcripts and request your recommendation as soon as possible since those items may take longer to be processed. You will be informed by your admissions counselor each time a piece of your application is received by the Admissions Office.
Please Note: An academic recommendation may be required if the student’s grades are below acceptance requirements.
- The student must be an evangelical believer in the Christian faith.
- The student must have graduated from high school or earned an equivalent degree (GED).
- Minimum High School GPA: 2.75
- Minimum College GPA: 2.5
- Minimum SAT Score: 900 Composite (new version of the SAT) or 1350 Composite (old version of the SAT)*
- Minimum ACT Score: 19 Composite
Questions? Contact Admissions at 1-800-676-2242 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ON SAN DIEGO CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
Earning a college degree sets people apart from others competing for positions in the job market. But many who start off with the goal of earning a degree end up not graduating - at least, the first time around. Degree completion programs aimed at working adults...
For every 10 community college students in California, seven of them have declared their intention of transferring to a four-year university to earn a bachelor’s degree. Their chances of doing that improved greatly this fall. San Diego Christian College has joined...
Even with the innovations in technology that have revolutionized private business, nonprofits and government agencies, quality leadership continues to be a major issue for companies in all sectors of the economy. Finding good leadership has proven difficult....
FOR MORE INFORMATION
There’s nothing we love more than helping people learn about San Diego Christian College. Select a button below to begin the conversation.